These are the plans for the drawers and drawer fronts that fit in the Queen Platform Bed with Storage. If you’ve already built that, you’re ready to move on to drawers! Want a different woodworking plan? Check out my other Beds plans.
Drawers and Drawer Fronts for Queen Platform Bed
If your side boxes came out exactly like the drawing, then you may proceed with the drawers as drawn. BUT, if your drawer openings are not exactly the same as in the picture above you’ll have to do some adjusting.
*Assuming you are using drawer glides that require 1/2″ clearance each, your drawer will need to be 1″ more narrow than the opening.
**Also depending on the glides you purchase, you may need to give yourself more than 1″ clearance on the height. Some drawer glides require you to tilt the drawer UP to get the glide parts to join and if your drawer is too tall, you’ll be in trouble.
***This is why I almost always purchase my glides BEFORE building drawers.
- 1/2″ cabinet grade plywood for drawers
- 1×3 poplar for drawer fronts
- This plan is for 18″ drawers with overlay drawer fronts.
- 18″ DrawerGlides will do the trick.
*This is a pretty good deal– 18″ drawer glides from D.Lawless Hardware !
Build your drawers
- Make sure the front and back are glued and screwed or nailed inside the sides! *This will give you more strength and resistance against the force of the drawer being pulled open.
- You can either use 1/2″ material exactly cut to fit the bottom opening and glue, nail or screw it in place, or you can make the easiest drawers you could ever build like in this drawer building tutorial.
Install your drawers
Make your drawer fronts
- Refer to this How to Build Drawer Front tutorial for that.
Install drawer fronts
- Refer to this tutorial on How to Install Drawer Fronts for that.
Get the rest of the Kristi’s bedroom furniture plans here:
- Queen Platform Bed with Storage
- Storage Bench – Kristy Queen Bed Extension
- Pull-out Storage Trundle
- Wardrobes with Side Cubby
And see Kristy’s bedroom reveal here!
Hi Sandra!!ld like it also.
When I saw this post on my Face Book I loved it!!!
Having extra and yet very beautiful storage is great!!!!! I love this idea and
see if the hubby would like it as well.
Thanks for being so creative and smart in your projects!! Love it!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!
Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a
few of the images aren’t loading properly.
I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in
two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.